As part of the Helsinki Design Week, the main exhibition will take place in the newly renovated Olympic Stadium from 11–13 September 2020. For this exhibition we are seeking for entries that speak to and connect to the Nordic community and far beyond.
Supporting this year’s theme Commitment Matters, the projects should revolve around the following key principles:
- Shows respect for the environment
- Responsible for the world in which we live
- Based on a need
- Distinguishes itself by timelessness
- Uses a ‘less is more’ design approach without losing a certain warmth
For the exhibition in the historic Olympic Stadium, we are looking for projects reflecting these principles, for instance, material and form research, interactive projects, and works with a focus on sustainability. All international exhibitors, from emerging designers to established architects and from academies to design collectives, who feel connected to this concept are asked to apply.
The main exhibition in the Olympic Stadium will take place in different rooms, halls, the outside gallery and even on the running track.
For the Open Call for projects we are looking for:
- Projects and works by/from (international) academies
- Projects and works by design and architecture studios
- Outdoor installations
- Interactive installations
- Design installations
- Architectural installations
Submit your application by 6 April 2020. Please submit your application in English.
Read more about the venue and applying.
Subscribe to the Helsinki Design Weekly newsletter
Helsinki Design Weekly is an online design publication presenting timely phenomena in the field of design and raises discussion about the future of the industry bolstered by top writers on the front lines.