The next Helsinki Design Week will be held on 7-17 September 2017. The application period has ended and the applicants will be informed in the beginning of June.
- Helsinki Design Week’s programme is curated. You can apply for the programme through the open call.
- We have changes the application form. If you have submitted your application before 23 May, no worries: we will transport your information and send you a new username by email.
- All kinds of events are welcome: you can propose an exhibition, an opening party, a fashion show, an open studio, a seminar – or something totally different.
- Helsinki Design Week is a multidisciplinary festival, so your event can be related to any field of design: product or service design, architecture, fashion, graphic design, game design … the choice is yours.
- Be inspired by the festival’s theme. The theme for 2017 is Q&A – Questions & Answers. The theme encourages us towards open-mindedness, vision, exploration and discovery.
- Helsinki Design Week 2017 will be held on 7-17 September 2017. Your event dates must fall within this time frame.
- As an event producer, you will be responsible for planning, producing and financing the event.
- Please note that Helsinki Design Week has exclusive corporate partnerships which may affect the choices of the open call entries.
- Don’t forget to market your event beforehand! For example, advertise in newsletters, online and in social media. Use the hashtags #hdw2017 and #helsinkidesignweek.
For more information about the Open Call, contact Helena Fernström, email@example.com / +358 50 3416255.
For individual designers, designer collectives, nonprofit organisations, trade unions, museums and galleries, universities and schools, and joint-stock companies with 5 or fewer employees, the participation fee is €85 + 24% VAT.
For joint-stock companies with more than 5 employees, the participation fee is €170 + 24% VAT.
The participation fee will be invoiced after the event is accepted for the programme. The fee includes one event for events registered by May 26.
The participation fee includes:
- An event listing in Helsinki Design Week’s programme (incl. visitor info, a description of the event, an image). The entire programme will be published in August.
- An event listing in Helsinki Design Week’s printed programme material. The entire programme will be published in August. Please note that all programme entries must be submitted by the deadline in order to be included in the printed programme.
- Copies of the HDW printed programme materials and festival posters for your venue
- The right to use the Helsinki Design Week logo in your event’s marketing communications
- An invitation to a briefing event for all the event producers prior to the festival
- An invitation to Helsinki Design Week’s invite only opening night (avec)
- A contact person from Helsinki Design Week assigned to you
We offer event organizers a variety of service packages to provide additional visibility. You can select one or more of the packages. Materials can be picked up at HDW's office by 30 August 2017.
A. Flags 2 meters (€25)
B. Pylon (€20)
C. Balloons (€20)
D. All (€70)
Includes an event tip on Helsinki Design Weekly’s list (description and photo of the event) and a small banner for one week.
Includes one press release and press photos in Helsinki Design Week’s Media Bank and an invitation for journalists. The event organizers are responsible for submitting the materials, Helsinki Design Week for the translation when needed.
Includes your own event tip in Helsinki Design Weekly, a paid Facebook advertisement and a large banner for one week.
Helsinki Design Week’s marketing communications
Helsinki Design Week’s PR campaign and active communications period lasts from spring until the end of September.
The festival will be promoted on a variety of advertising spaces throughout Helsinki, and the printed programme will be distributed to many points around the city. The Helsinki Design Weekly online publication will present the festival programme and current news.
The distribution of the Weekly newsletter is approximately 13,000. During the festival time, Helsinki Design Week will post information on events on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and electronically publish a daily newsletter about the programme.
1. Complete the application form on the Helsinki Design Week website between 1 March to 26 May
- Don’t forget to complete the application form in time before the application period closes.
2. All selected event organizers will be informed by 2 June.
- Helsinki Design Week’s production team will make the selection.
- The selected events will be part of Helsinki Design Week’s marketing communications and will receive the benefits given to event organizers.
3. You can edit your event information until June 16.
4. The briefing event for event organizers will be held on 30 August. The exact venue of the event will be announced later.
- Marketing material for your event location can be picked up at the briefing.
5. The festival period is 7-17 September 2017
- As the city celebrates design with over 150 events, take the time to visit and enjoy as many as you can!